Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Psychiatrist

Today, I met with a new psychiatrist, after getting throughly fed up with the previous one finally. The straw that broke the camel's back there was a phone call in which she asked me to basically just say again what I'd already said in my message to her, then informed me there was nothing she could do over the phone, and I was welcome to call the office and attempt (hopelessly) to get an earlier appointment.

I really like the new guy though. It's sort of sad, because the things I liked about him were things you would think you should be able to take for granted in a psychiatrist--or any doctor really: He listened to me; he took a thorough history; he asked appropriate questions; he took notes as I spoke; and when I asked questions, he answered quickly and knowledgeably; and he was willing to have a discussion about the pros and cons of various treatment options, all while considering my opinions yet still being the doctor and ultimately calling the shots.

Tomorrow I'll try Ritalin again, at a higher dosage more times per day.

Oh, and:


6032 / 50000 words. 12% done!

No comments:

Post a Comment